Gold prices jumped more than 1% on Monday, with the rally spilling over into other precious metals as well, driven by a retreat in the dollar and U.S. Treasury yields.
Technical Resistance: 1800/1815
Technical support: 1770/1756
- ‘Reopening’ stocks give S&P 500, Dow strong footing, tech names lag
- China’s tensions spill over as Europe moves to Biden’s side
- Oil edges up on U.S., Europe demand growth prospects
- USDMYR traded at 4.1100
- 04 May 2021 Malaysia time 12:30pm – Australia RBA Interest Rate Decision (May)
- 04 May 2021 Malaysia time 4:30pm– United Kingdom Manufacturing PMI (Apr)
- 04 May 2021 Malaysia time 10:00pm – U.S. Factory Orders (MoM) (Mar)
‘Reopening’ stocks give S&P 500, Dow strong footing, tech names lag
The S&P 500 and the Dow indexes ended higher on Monday amid a largely upbeat earnings season, while the Nasdaq came under pressure from declines in some high-flying growth stocks, as the rotation into cyclical and “economy reopening” stocks continued.
China’s tensions spill over as Europe moves to Biden’s side
After seven years of painful negotiations, a large investment agreement signed between the European Union and China in December could reach the highest level of rapidly deteriorating relations. Since then, EU authorities and Germany have each enacted legislation that makes it difficult for Chinese entities to invest, joining the United States and exchanging sanctions with Beijing.
Oil edges up on U.S., Europe demand growth prospects
Oil prices added to overnight gains on Tuesday, buoyed as more U.S. states eased lockdowns and the European Union sought to attract more travellers, which would help offset weakened fuel demand in India as COVID-19 cases soar. Prices are being supported by the prospect of a pick-up in fuel demand in the United States and Europe, as New York state, New Jersey and Connecticut were set to ease pandemic curbs and the European Union planned to open up to more foreign visitors who have been vaccinated
Source: Bloomberg, Investing.com, Reuters, CNBC
- 美元兑马币交易 RM 4.1100
- 2021年5月04日，马来西亚时间 12:30 pm – 澳大利亚央行利率决定（5月）
- 2021年5月04日，马来西亚时间 4:30 pm – 英国制造业采购经理人指数（4 月）
- 2021年5月04日，马来西亚时间 10:00 pm – 美国工厂订单月率(%) (月度环比) (三月)
石油价格周二上涨，隔夜上涨，因美国更多的州放松了封锁以及欧盟寻求吸引更多的旅客，这提振了股市，这将有助于抵消印度因COVID-19案件激增而导致的燃料需求疲软。 价格受到美国和欧洲燃料需求回升的前景的支撑，因为纽约州，新泽西州和康涅狄格州将缓解大流行病的遏制，欧盟计划向更多的外国游客开放 已经接种了疫苗
资料来源: Bloomberg, Investing.com, Reuters, CNBC